Dr Patrick Quillin’s Dragon-Slayer Shake
- 4-8 ounces of rice milk or dilute fruit juice, including apple, cranberry, orange, fresh squeezed, juice extracted, etc. Or add twice the specified water to a can of frozen unsweetened concentrated apple juice.
- 10-15 grams of powdered protein from (listed in order of preference): ImmunoPower, whey, rice, soy, alfalfa, egg white, non-fat yoghurt solids, spirulina, Solgar “Greens and More”. Do not use powdered proteins that are based upon non-fat milk solids. Too many people are allergic to this product. Your health food store should have a dozen different products to select from. ProMed is a name brand pure whey protein product.
- A combination of Nature’s Best’s Colon Care, Acidophilus and Eliminease (or equivalent) is vital to maintain regularity and encourage proper detoxification. It should include fibre, a herbal laxative, proper bacteria for colonising the intestines and botanicals for detoxification.
- One sliced ripe banana or less, depending on how thick you like your shakes. Banana adds texture via pectin to make this shake have true milkshake viscosity.
- 2-4 grams of buffered high dose vitamin C powder (available from Higher Nature or Nature’s Best, see Suppliers above) that won’t upset even the most delicate stomach.
- 1 tablespoon of Omega Nutrition flaxseed oil or Essential Balance oil from your health food store or mail order (Higher Nature, or Nature’s Best, see Suppliers above).
- For those who need to slow down weight loss or gain weight, add 2 tablespoons of MCT (medium chain triglyceride) oil from Twin Labs, 001 888 546 5631 (or try UK subsidary Changes International, or coconut butter, if this is not available. Omega Nutrition do a good product.
Use a large blender or a small hand held blender, like the ones originally developed to mix diet drinks.
First add the oils to coat the bottom of the container for easy mixing and cleaning.
Add the powdered ingredients and cut up fruit next.
Blend until smooth, or about 15 seconds.