Dr Carmen Wheatley’s Research Papers
Dr Wheatley’s research papers
1. Wheatley C. A Scarlet Pimpernel for the resolution of inflammation? The role of supra-therapeutic doses of Cobalamin, in the treatment of systemic inflammatory response syndrome, (SIRS), sepsis, severe sepsis, and septic or traumatic shock. Medical Hypotheses, volume 67, issue 1, on pages 124 – 142, 2006, or online at www.sciencedirect.com
2. The return of the Scarlet Pimpernel: cobalamin in inflammation II – cobalamins can both selectively promote all three nitric oxide synthases (NOS), particularly iNOS and eNOS, and, as needed, selectively inhibit iNOS and nNOS. Journal of Nutritional & Environmental Medicine, Volume 16, Issue 3 & 4 August 2007, pages 181 – 211.
3. Cobalamin in inflammation III – glutathionylcobalamin and methylcobalamin/adenosylcobalamin coenzymes: The Sword in the Stone? How cobalamin may directly regulate the nitric oxide synthases.
Journal of Nutritional & Environmental Medicine, Volume 16, Issue 3 & 4, August 2007, pages 212 – 226.
4. The Very Large Gorilla Sitting in the Room?
Adenosylcobalamin is the Missing Link: its Radical and Tetrahydrobiopterin are the Principal in vivo Catalysts for Mammalian Nitric Oxide Synthase.
Hypotheses in the Life Sciences:
5. Biphasic Modulation of NOS Expression, Protein and Nitrite Products by Hydroxocobalamin Underlies Its Protective Effect in Endotoxemic Shock: Downstream Regulation of COX-2, IL-1, TNF-, IL-6, and HMGB1 Expression
LINK TO RESEARCH ARTICLE: MEDIATORS OF INFLAMMATION- BIPHASIC MODULATION NOS….HYDROXOCOBALAMIN….ENDOTOXAEMIA.-2
LINK TO ABSTRACT: ABSTRACT.pdf